Plant Information Engineer/Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Plant Information Engineer/Specialist specializes in supporting and maintaining the OSIsoft PI system including the PI Data Archive (Historian), PI AF, and PI Vision. The position also involves supporting and maintaining additional OT (Operational Technology) applications and data historians on the PCN (Process Control Network).
- Provide day-to-day production support for the PI system including the PI Data Archive, PI AF, and PI Vision.
- Provide day-to-day support for third-party batch data historians associated with process control systems.
- Provide installation, configuration, and monitoring support for the PI system servers and various PI system data interfaces.
- Assist end users with the use of PI tools including PI System Explorer (to build PI AF templates, calculations, event frames, etc.), PI Vision for creation of displays, and other PI end user client tools such as PI DataLink.
- Create, update, and provide maintenance for PI system tags.
- Apply or assist with routine server patches and routine PI system tasks.
- Provide technical expertise in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues along with recommending and implementing preventive measures as required.
- Develop and maintain effective application technical support documentation including procedures.
- Work directly with OT, IT, and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Participate on project teams to deliver new functionality and to support corporate initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to change management processes.
- Interact and provide support for end users.
- Provide periodic 24x7 on-call rotation support.
- Lead trainings, data migration activities, and provide system governance.
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and use cases.
- In-depth knowledge of OT data infrastructure, such as OSIsoft PI, Denodo, Seeq, etc.
- Good knowledge of databases, such as Microsoft SQL
- Assist the Quality department with deviation investigations
- Participate in RCAs as Operations Information Systems (OIS) representative
- Remain up to date on all assigned training activities
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide afterhours support to
- resolve issues outside of normal business hours
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related discipline; or five years of related business work experience in lieu of a degree
- Proficient with OSI PI
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience developing technical documentation for networks and information systems
- Experience with designing information interfaces, data conversion, and network and infrastructure fundamentals
- Experience with operating systems; Windows and Linux
- Experience with databases; Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with deployment and backup applications; Acronis, Backup Exec
- Experience with programming and query languages; VB Script, .Net, and SQL are preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Terminal Services
- Detail oriented with the ability to think critically and logically
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.