Lead Scientist - Process Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza are looking for a Lead Scientist to join our Research and Development Team. Working closely with upstream Principal Scientists and Technical Directors, this lab based role is an opportunity for an experienced Scientist to deliver technical solutions for the next generation cell processes to meet industry demands and maintain Lonza as the lead supplier.
- Develop and validate new processes and control paradigms in ambr250 workflows
- Develop small scale model, and scale down models using high through put systems, such as the ambr250
- Assess new technologies for high through put models
- Working closely with the upstream Principal Scientists or Technical Director to support complex experimental studies
- Reviews experimental results and respective scientific documentation
- Helps with ensuring lab procedures are adhered to and supports safety assessments
- Plan and coordinate resource across various R&D upstream projects
- Minimum of BSc in Biotechnology / Biochemistry or other related fields (MSc desirable)
- Practical experience within R&D in an industrial/academic setting
- Experience and a good understanding of ambr250 (essential) and ambr15 (desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate innovative skills and experience leading complex technology projects
- Team leadership or mentoring experience with a proactive attitude to working and solving challenging problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.