Senior Director CapEx Project Delivery (Pharmaceutical)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Director CapEx Project Delivery is assigned to one or multiple specific growth investment projects and is responsible for planning, managing and executing investment projects through the complete project pathway (i.e. ideation thru to production). This includes the co-ordination of assigned project(s)/activities at the Portsmouth, NH site and involving multiple parties, while providing leadership to the project team(s). Support and delivery of projects and programs at other Lonza sites is also likely at times. This is a leadership role in capital project delivery. The candidate will have cross functional interaction with both internal and external entities (for example: commercial, facility management, operations, validation, engineering and construction partners to name a few). Setting the strategic direction of projects and adherence to internal procedures is a key function of this role.
This role will be based out of: Portsmouth NH.
See what we are all about: About Us | Lonza
The ideal candidate will be an experienced cGMP Capital Project Lead with exceptional customer service skills, integrity and ability to interact with all levels of personnel. The successful candidate will be flexible to adapt to changing business priorities and is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
- Accountability and Responsibility for large capital investments ($150M + ) portfolio covering the three pillars of Project Realization: Capex Management, Process & Technology and Qualification through the support of individual supporting project managers
- Responsible for delivery of project goals in terms of safety, cost, time, functionality and according to defined project scope and objectives
- Responsible for FEED and Lead the development of the project capital authorization requests (CAR’s)
- Deliver to sustainability targets
- Fully accountable to the Steering Committee and senior leaders
- Responsible for the adherence to quality systems and cGMP compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree ; Engineering (chemical, mechanical, process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or similar field of study) preferred
- At least 15 years of experience with design, construction and qualification of large ($150M + ) cGMP biotechnology facilities, including at least one major Greenfield cGMP facility build completed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meeting/tracking scope, schedule and budget requirements while ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards. Organizational skills to prioritize and resolve project issues. Coordinate and manage the activities of internal Lonza staff, consultants, vendors and contractors.
- A solid understanding of design principles and standards within Biopharmaceutical facilities. Ability to look at plant problems and come up with options for solutions. Ability to understand and challenge design and execution concepts from outside vendors/engineers.
- Excellent communication skills , including ability to present to Executive Level team members
- Willing/able to travel up to 15%
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law