Lonza to Host New Webinar – “Streamlining Your QC Testing: Automated Endotoxin Testing and Process Optimization”
Cologne (DE) / Walkersville, MD (USA), 09 October 2018 – On 23 October 2018, Lonza is hosting a free 60-minute webinar showing how automated endotoxin testing enables the optimization of QC processes and improves data integrity.
Reliable endotoxin testing of in-process water and end products is very important to the parenteral, medical device, dialysis, radiopharmaceutical and compounding industries to measure compliance with the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Chapter 85 Bacterial Endotoxins Test. However, conventional manual-testing methods are prone to human error, as well as time and resource inefficiencies, which can jeopardize data integrity and ultimately put patient safety at risk.
Titled “Streamlining Your QC Testing: Automated Endotoxin Testing and Process Optimization,” the webinar will be presented by Allen Burgenson, Subject Matter Expert for Endotoxin Testing at Lonza. During the webinar he will discuss:
- The challenges associated with manual endotoxin testing steps, including potential data integrity issues
- What is endotoxin assay automation?
- Ease of integrating automation into the QC testing workflow
- How automation of the liquid-handling step can save time and reduce manual pipetting errors and the need for retesting
- The global need for automation and the move toward Industry 4.0 and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Process Analytical Technology (PAT) Initiative
- How to further optimize the QC testing process by using Lonza's WinKQCL™ Endotoxin Detection and Analysis Software, and how this solution can facilitate regulatory compliance
During the webinar Burgenson will also present a case study demonstrating the benefits of automated versus manual endotoxin testing.
Anyone interested in attending the webinar can register here.
Date: Tuesday, 23 October 2018
8 AM PDT (Los Angeles)
11 AM EDT (New York)
4 PM BST (London)
5 PM CEST (Berlin)
Further information can be found on the WinKQCL™ Endotoxin Detection Software product page. By registering interest in the webinar, participants will also receive a link once it is available to view “on demand” via the Lonza website.
More information about Lonza's upcoming webinars is available here: www.lonza.com/webinars.