Avoid risky post-translational modifications
Starting from antibody sequences derived from non-human origins, a panel of variants is designed to humanize the antibody while respecting antibody structural integrity and avoiding potentially risky post-translational modifications (PTMs). In combination with our Epibase® T cell epitope screening tool, candidates can be designed to further minimize potential immunogenicity risks. A small quantity of material can be generated and tested for binding affinity and soluble aggregate as well as using in vitro assays to assess the potential of unwanted T cell responses (optional) and, if requested, to compare candidates and obtain the best leads.
Our modular services include:
- Antibody structure modeling
- Identification of high-risk, post-translational modifications and chemical stability motifs
- Design of humanized and deimmunized full-length and antibody fragments
- Expression and characterization of humanized (and deimmunized) variants
- For antibody fragments, suitable expression host system can be tested using Rapid Host Screen Services
- In vitro T cell assay screening of variants using human PBMCs on request
Lonza’s high level of professionalism, technical expertise, management skills and commitment of the whole Lonza team, ensured that our technically challenging project with multiple hurdles and changes implemented was executed successfully, on time and with quality deliverables.
-Valentina Dubljevic MBB, BSc, GAICD, VP, Scientific and Clinical Development