How do I submit PDF invoices to Lonza?
Lonza implemented an automated solution for vendors to submit invoices directly in PDF format via email. This new process brings several advantages:
- Faster invoice process and more secure delivery of invoices
- Reduced negative environmental impact
- Reduced cost for enveloping, postage and mailing
- Receipt confirmation for submitted invoices
What are Lonza’s requirements for the Automated Solution?
- Invoice must be in PDF format. No other format is accepted.
- Only one invoice per PDF document is allowed. Multiple PDF documents can be included in one email and each PDF document will be processed as one invoice.
- Attachments/back-up material must be included in the same PDF document as the invoice.
- Email must contain a PDF invoice otherwise the email will be rejected.
- Email including all attachments cannot exceed 5MB.
- PDF document cannot contain any kind of encryption features.
- Any other communication such as account queries, etc. sent to the automated solution email addresses will not be read.
Frequently Asked Questions
“I am already submitting invoices by PDF, what is changing for me?”
Only the email address you use might be changing. See below the new email addresses to use.
“I am submitting invoices by post and cannot comply with Lonza requirements, will my invoice be rejected?”
No, you can still submit your invoices by post if you cannot comply with Lonza requirements. However, we encourage you to review the benefits of submitting your invoice in PDF.
“I am submitting invoices directly to my Lonza contact; can I put him in CC of the email instead?”
- Yes, you can
“I am submitting invoices with attachments required by Lonza, what should I do?
- Attachments/back-up material must be included in the same PDF document as the invoice. Alternatively, you could submit the required documentation separately directly to your Lonza contact
“How do I know if invoices have been accepted or rejected?”
- You will receive a confirmation email stating if your invoice has been accepted for further processing. If you do not comply with Lonza’s PDF requirements, a rejection email will be automatically sent to you.
“Shall I still send invoices by post if I submit by email?”
- No, invoices should only be sent by email OR by post. Invoices sent both by email and by post will cause delays in processing and payment of your invoice