Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing a variety of projects including Supply Chain Transformation, Growth Projects, and smaller projects for the supply chain operations. The role is cross-functional comprising of managing matrixed teams of supply chain, quality, and manufacturing to achieve key milestones and project objectives. Additionally this person will lead continuous improvement initiatives for the department and be a champion for a continuous improvement mindset for the department
- Implementing process improvements across the organization, specifically concentrating on change management and documentation
- Project Manager is responsible for controlling and monitoring the status and progress of projects in Supply Chain. This is critical to assure that the project is on track and any issues can be proactively managed. Risk Management techniques shall also be used to manage risks on the project.
- Governance and oversight of the transformation of the Supply Chain function of the site to ensure optimal and standardized usage of the defined Supply Chain process landscape to unveil maximum optimization potential for the Biologics function.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team for the transformation of the Supply Chain function of the Lonza Portsmouth site.
- Drive the establishment and optimization of the following process areas: Supply Chain core/main process landscape, Integrated Business Planning (Supply Planning) and detailed scheduling.
- Lead and establish necessary change management measures to ensure a smooth transition towards a high performing Supply Chain function, including necessary knowledge transfer
- Develop, drive and accountable Supply Chain improvements and standardization ensuring full adherence to all processes
- Provide leadership in defining best practices and applying project management standards.
- Be the departments LBMS leader and drive LBMS principles across the department
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to prioritize projects, address project changes, and evaluate options. Mobilizing resources and executing timelines based on business needs and requirements
- Conduct internal and external Project Team Meetings to ensure that all stakeholders are working in accordance to the agreed to Project Plan
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 6+ years in Supply Chain focused leadership position
- 2+ years of Project Management experience, with extensive cross functional support
- Challenge status quo to improve processes, open to new ideas, able to learn from others and from personal experiences to propose and drive changes; use to navigate in ambiguity keeping focus on business requirements.
- Translate strategy into actionable objectives and plans. Understand the key drivers affecting profitability, recognize business opportunities, identify improvements to meet the challenges within a given project/portfolio
- Make conscious effort to expand and actively engage network to drive results, seek out for diverse perspectives and contribute to other success by offering support, providing feedback and sharing knowledge
- Ability to quickly solve problems/conflict as and when they arise with a strong analytical mind-set. Actively drive and create solutions
- Set ambitious and realistic plan and priorities, implement and monitor appropriate KPIs, to track progress, able to prioritize activities overcoming challenges while maintain high quality standard
- Ability to manage group of people to act towards achieving a common goal; ability to drive execution through efficient communication, creating a trusting environment and taking personal accountability for decision and actions
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.