Intern - Internal Communications
Intern - Internal Communications
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of internal communications of a global and diverse Organization. You will be able to make a meaningful difference for our internal customers, our business and company culture.
As a member of the Internal Communications team, you will support our global, internal communication programs, ensuring effective information dissemination across the organization. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with other members of the global communications team, including brand and design, digital communications, and external communications.
If making a meaningful difference speaks to you and if the following responsibilities and requirements fit your experience, skills and personality, this Internship may be for you. We look very much forward to receiving your application.
- Intranet and Digital Channels. You will help build-out the newly launched, global Intranet. You will support our global community of Content Managers and provide general internal customer support for our digital communication channels (SharePoint, Teams and other company applications)
- Copy-editing. You will support writing, editing and proof-reading articles, emails or posters.
- Channel support: You will coordinate and post regular internal articles, including internal announcements, campaigns or newsletters.
- Project Management support. You will be able to coordinate projects, additionally maintaining and updating Intranet content and databases.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience. Currently enrolled, or recently graduated from a relevant field of study, e.g., Communications, Digital Communication, Journalism, etc
- Passion. You see the value of engaging, internal communication and you have an eagerness to learn and grow in the field
- Tech-savvy. You are proficient with O365 applications and you are familiar with digital internal communication platforms (e.g., SharePoint or other Content Management Systems)
- Language Skills. You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency or strong capabilities in German would be a bonus.
- Personal Skills. You are a self-driven personality with high adaptability and a drive for continuous learning and improvement. You are enthusiastic about outstanding customer service, including organizational skills and attention to detail. You are able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.