Director, Development Service
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Director, Development Service, you will be responsible for manage the Nansha chemical services group (team of scientists and technicians). Responsible for direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of specific process development and optimization programs, ensuring consistency with the company commitments / goals and providing technical support to the site.
- Responsible for the organization, technical assessment and prioritization of the chemical services work to support projects and production.
- Represents Nansha Chemical Services in customer project acquisition and in escalation procedure.
- Defines the Nansha-specific work stages, evaluate new request for proposal and control planned versus actual cost of the executed work stages and if necessary adapt the work stage costing.
- Coordinates the various projects in the team, ensuring that the group deliver high quality development services to customers within the agreed timelines.
- Allocates resources in actual and planned projects with regard to capacity utilization and if required prioritize activities.
- Manages the chemical service laboratory in respect to operation costs, maintenance and safety.
- Identify and implement new technologies for efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of business processes in the organization.
- Responsible to organize local support for the chemical service laboratory and other Pharma departments on request.
- Develop the DS organization, including recruiting, training, and assignment of people.
- Manage supervised staff, including definition of targets, review and management of staff performance as well as definition of standards for people management executed by direct reports. Ensures identification and active management of talents, including potential successors for leadership positions.
- Actively lead the governance of EHS and regulatory compliance in DS, and establishes, develops and drives the safety culture in the organization according to Lonza`s global/site standards and requirements.
- GMP Responsibility:
- Responsible that all relevant GMP guidelines are implemented and followed within the Nansha Chemical Services group.
- Master above degree in chemistry, pharmacy, chemical and pharmaceutical related majors.
- Have a good foundation in organic chemistry, be proficient with various types of chemical reactions.
- More than 5 years of R&D team management experience in chemical pharmaceuticals industry.
- Good communication skills and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a high sense of responsibility, professionalism and teamwork spirit, be able to work under great pressure, and be competent for challenging work.
- Excellent English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.