Technology Head, Respiratory Delivery
Lonza is seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to join our team as the Director, Technology Head Respiratory Delivery. In this pivotal role, you will lead a local site team at our Respiratory Delivery Technology Center of Excellence in Bend, Oregon. You will also be responsible for setting the technology and network strategy for the development of respiratory products across a multiple sites.
- Lead, inspire, and manage a talented team of engineers, researchers, and professionals in the Respiratory Delivery Technology Center of Excellence.
- Groups responsibilities include:
- Non-cGMP formulation, process, and product development of respiratory products: large and small molecule.
- Tech Transfer of products in development to production facilities and network sites.
- Integration of new technologies and capabilities into Product Development.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive technology strategy to drive the innovation, development, and commercialization of cutting-edge respiratory products.
- Identify unmet needs and industry trends and prioritize opportunities for technology development for respiratory delivery
- Represent Lonza and the Respiratory Delivery technology internally and externally
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate technology and engineering efforts into product development, ensuring alignment with business objectives and timelines.
- Stay current with emerging technologies, industry trends, and regulatory requirements to inform the company's strategy and ensure competitive advantage.
- Foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and collaboration to drive team performance and advancement in the field of respiratory technology.
- Oversee budgeting, resource allocation, and project management to ensure the successful execution of technology development initiatives.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including partners and regulatory agencies.
- Requires a university degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical science, or other related engineering/scientific field
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in drug development or related field, including relevant graduate school experience
- Proven track record of success in leading and managing successful multidisciplinary teams
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and emerging technologies in the field of respiratory products
- A passion for innovation and a commitment to advancing healthcare solutions