Head of Infrastructure Architecture
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The mission of Infrastructure Architecture is to provide Infrastructure Engineering guidance and support for strategic IT initiatives within Lonza based on best practices and standards.
Responsible for managing the demand for IT infrastructure engineering services and determining the deliverables required for the specific project. Ensuring that IT infrastructure solutions delivered by the team are aligned with Lonza standards and general IT engineering best practices.
- Support the Head of IT Infrastructure Engineering in partnering with IT Leadership and other key stakeholders to support the global demand and ensure effective alignment of IT investments and business requirements for infrastructure needs.
- Understanding the deliverables required for each initiative and ensuring that required infrastructure services are available for each initiative.
- Manage the Infrastructure architecture team to ensure key strategic projects have the Infrastructure architectural elements needed to realize the business benefits of the initiative.
- Drive continuous improvements, standardization and harmonization
- Champion technical excellence, automation and simplification and to create an environment for innovation within the team
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing infrastructure environments through the creation, maintenance, and enforcement of well documented standards and procedures
- Provide infrastructure architecture subject matter expertise and take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within IT Infrastructure scope
- Be collaborative, enable change, harness a culture that is curious and create an environment where people can do their best work.
- Bachelor, MSc, MEng Information Technology
- 10+ years of progressive IT leadership experience
- Experience with DevOps delivery pipelines
- Experience working with a globally distributed, cross-functional engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience in communication with all levels including executive leadership, both verbally and written
- Proven experience with simplification, standardization and automation skills
- Drive cultural and technological disruption
- Experience building, scaling & monitoring infrastructure needed within the Engineering services
- Strong Leadership and team building skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions
- Technical infrastructure knowledge
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.