Operational Buyer- Direct
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operational Buyer- Direct will proactively manage the performance of raw material suppliers, to ensure the Material Requirement Plan can be realized. They will ensure relevant Procurement Master Data is available and maintained in SAP so the Material Requirements Plan (MRP) can be calculated reliably, and the PO creation process can be as effective as possible. They will support the category manager and strategic buyers to implement their supply strategies and cooperate closely with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice queries.
- Monitor & track supplier performance and feedback to strategic buyers and/or category managers
- Support the implementation of supplier changes and other initiatives led by Central Category managers and Site Strategic Buyers
- Collaborate with the broader procurement team to ensure all relevant material & vendor master data and outline agreements are available in SAP and are up to date
- Manage all Level 2 vendor escalations, including but not limited to:
- Expediting delivery confirmation dates that don’t meet our MRP and production needs
- MRP driven delivery date “Push Out” or “Pull In” Late or missing PO confirmations
- Pricing Discrepancies
- Delivery and Shipping related issues and inquiries
- Manage Vendor performance, driving improvements on time delivery, quality conformance, and other compliance issues
- Manage and resolve Vendor Returns (RMA, Cost Recovery, Replacements)
- Perform regular open order review meeting with Vendors
- Manage AP Inquiries (Invoice issues, etc..)
- Support internal cross-functional stakeholders to onboard and approve new raw materials and supplier
- Manage competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions
- Support Strategic buyers in negotiating low value contracts with suppliers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skill sets
- Working knowledge of general business practices
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of Direct (Raw Materials) (e.g. Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order Process)
- Conducting competitive bid processes
- Experience of managing suppliers and carrying out low value negotiations
- Able to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP in a purchasing/procurement role
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office
- Ideally APICS or equivalent MRP Planner certificate
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.