CAD Documentation Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The CAD Documentation Specialist provides support to the business as a technical resource for the administration and control of Engineering drawings in compliance with company and departmental SOPs in a cGMP environment. Working knowledge in the use of AutoCAD, MS Office applications is required. The individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment and must have a working knowledge of site Documentation Systems. The individual will be required to provide status updates to the Senior CAD Operator to help prioritized workload and support site projects in a professional manner.
This position is hybrid and will report to the Lonza site in Portsmouth on average 3 days weekly, with the option for 2 days to be worked remotely
- Executes routine CAD work assignments including EDCR (documentation transfer processing, creation of Engineering sketches, assignment of PID component and equipment numbers, review of procedures for the control of Engineering documents. Responsible document types: PIDs, piping isometrics, Turnover packages, other drawing disciplines (Electrical, Regulatory, Architectural, HVAC)
- Revise and maintain externally generated engineering drawings and documents associated with Engineering projects and integration of these drawings and documents into the Lonza system. Required to work with contract CAD personnel as required
- Responsible for maintaining current training on all related aspects of job
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Technical School Certificate Program (CAD or equivalent)
- CAD related or document management in a GMP facility experience
- Entry level skills with AutoCad and Microsoft Office Suite are required
- Experience in Bio-Tech industry or similar industry preferred
- A working knowledge of shop math, ability to read and write. Intermediate mechanical knowledge preferred.
- Ability to be gowning qualified in support of field walkdowns for verification of Engineering drawing accuracy.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.