Operations Technology Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for an Operations Technology Manager to join our team. The position has the flexibility to work both from home and at our offices in Verviers, as required. There will be an expectation to travel occasionally for OT missions or global events / meetings.
The OT Manager will manage the activities of a team who’s responsibility is to ensure operational support, development, security and compliance for all Operations Technology (OT) systems and software. They will be responsible for the project controls management of a program of various large capital investments projects and ensure that Lonza Verviers is compliant with all relevant global policies and procedures.
- Developing & implementing OT Roadmap and strategy in conjunction with SLT and Department Managers
- Managing the routine operation, development and security of OT systems
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant local, global, industry and regulatory policies and guidelines
- Support Project Management in the delivery of capital projects on time, within budget and according to specifications, organize, and lead project updates to project stakeholders
- Implement best practices across various projects in project cost, schedule, progress, change management, risk management, cashflow, etc
- Build, coordinate and manage project team in complex environment with multi-stage build-outs and contractors, cross-functional, international
- Hiring, organizing, training and retaining energized, motivated, team oriented staff. Will need to stress and carry forward team training, education and advancement
- Identifies OT responsibilities, work to be performed and timelines pertaining to area of responsibility
- Ensure regulatory and customer inspection readiness and represent the department and participate in audits as required
- Represent OT and Lonza in customer meetings to receive/deliver information, request and requirements
- Measures throughput and performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Diploma / Degree in automation or IT
- Fluent in both English and French
- Minimum 5 years’ industry experience working in an OT or IT System Management environment
- Management skills and experience
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines is a plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.