Site Head of Finance, Slough
Site Head of Finance, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Owing to an internal move, we have a very exciting opportunity available in Slough for a Site Head of Finance. This is the finance Business Partner of the Site Head and is a key position in the Lonza finance network, responsible for leading all financial analysis for the site. This person provides services to all Assets on site including analysis, consolidation, reporting and support. This is a Senior Leadership Team (SLT) position that is part of the Site Leadership Team
The role is responsible for supporting the Site Controllers in all Financial Control, Planning and Analysis of site and partners a number of senior management to provide clarity around cost and financial performance. In addition, the jobholder ensures proper flow of communication and coordination between operation and BU Finance Business Partners, as well as directly managing the Bio site controlling teams.
This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone with a solid background in Finance looking to take on a true leadership role, looking at the broader strategic direction of the team. Whether you are an experienced leader, or a highly capable expert with an ability to constructively challenge the status quo, we’d love to hear from you!
- Key Business partner to the Site Head and SLT, providing financial leadership - Summarize key financial data, highlighting changes, risks and developments within the business and propose corrective measures and actions to drive value creation in a fast growing business environment.
- Responsible for leading and developing the site finance team
- Responsible for internal reporting. Monthly closing and timely reporting to Corporate, BU, Operations Controlling in accordance with IFRS and overall ownership of P&L and BS, including BSO oversight
- To prepare an annual budget and mid-term plan and monitor and understand progress of actual data versus planned data and drivers for underlying variances. Working with stakeholders to clearly communicate and maximise opportunities.
- Evaluates procedures employed in various departments and functions as to the adequacy for internal control (ICS) purposes
- Provides costing and pricing information and supports Commercial in the contracting process with customers.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies agenda on site.
- Relevant Professional qualification (such as CIMA, ACCA, etc.)
- Significant depth of experience in a Finance / Controlling role, with strong technical understanding.
- Ability to a develop inclusive relationships and alliances engaging senior internal and external stakeholders
- Capable of leading a team, and in particular, of developing the colleagues in your team and enabling their growth.
- Excellent communication skills, communicating business strategy, measures and tactical plans effectively to all stakeholders up to C-Level and helping them make sense of complexity and uncertainty
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.