Principal Group Leader (Protein Chemistry)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Early Development Services Team are seeking an experienced Principal Group Lead to join the team in Cambridge. Using your experience in protein sequencing and structural analysis along with a strong understanding of molecular interactions, you will lead, mentor and manage a team to deliver customer projects to the high standards Lonza is recognised for. Experience or a keen interest in Bioinformatics would be advantageous.
- Responsible for final review and sign off of customer and internal reports
- Support team members with technical input where required; as such a background in protein structure and engineering is essential
- Lead customer calls and capable of presenting on all EDS services (bioinformatics, expression & immunology to support sales and commercial development team
- Promotes Department and Lonza internally & externally
- Ensure team members are allocated work in line with skill set, experience and career development plans.
- Works with department head to prioritise & manage workload of team
- Drives a continuous improvement by leading projects and coaching/mentoring staff in the use of operational excellence tools.
- Work with individual team members to identify & set annual performance goals and development plans
- Degree educated in a relevant scientific discipline (Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and other relevant fields)
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Experience in protein sequence and structural analysis with strong understanding of molecular interactions
- Experience in coding including python advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.