System Administrator & System Designer
United Kingdom, Slough
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
System Administrator & Designer, Program Management
(Remote working / site based)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Following an internal promotion, a new career opportunity has arisen for a System Administrator & Designer to join in a remote role supporting Project Management, leading the design of important Program Management tools and instructing the coding team in its development. This role acts as System Owner, System Administrator and Solution Architect.
Activities include system support and upgrades, development of new features in collaboration with Business Process Owners, supporting the deployment of Planview tools and features to new teams, interfacing with external vendors and implementing change management. This would be an excellent career opportunity for someone with good overall knowledge of Program Management functions .
- Lead the design and implementation of the Planview tools for program and project management across Lonza, including customer-facing and internal programs/projects.
- Ensure day-to-day Planview support is provided by the Technical Team, including collaboration with external Vendors. Plan, coordinate, test and implement system upgrades and changes, following the Planview governance structure and change management processes.
- Create and update system documentation. Support user training across the PM community.
- Takes a proactive and collaborative approach to managing change and resolving issues. Highly collaborative across the PM community and with senior Lonza management.
- Understands complex business process challenges and translates them into system configurations. Collaborates with Business Process Owners to design and implement efficient and effective processes in the system.
- Close collaboration with external vendors, including influencing the path of future developments, understanding system capabilities, and resolving issues.
- Strong experience with Program/Project Management tools is a requirement. Preferably includes understanding of project timelines, risks and issues, resource management, capacity planning, financial management, etc.
- Strong understanding of how to achieve outcomes in a Program/Project Management tool. System configuration, workflows, interfaces, etc.
- Understanding of System Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent abilities to interpret customer requests and translate them into solutions.
- Demonstrated experience deploying software tools to new users, including developing and deploying new features. Experience with change management a plus.
- Direct, control and plan tasks and projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and articulate key information to all levels of the organization.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.