Business Development Manager - East or West Coast
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have a great opportunity in our Bioscience Business Development(BD) group. The BD Manager will be responsible for increasing sales by actively selling solutions to assigned Cell Discovery customers in a designated territory. This person will own the full sales cycle with their accounts using supporting functions as needed (FAS, SST, SMEs, Product Managers). The BD Manager will work in close conjunction with both the CDMO C> and the Personalized Medicine Commercial Organizations, as needed.
- Accurately forecasts and delivers on monthly and annual sales targets
- Manages the sales funnel from new opportunity generation through closing
- Identifies, develops, and secures both new and current customers while utilizing cross-selling techniques to increase spend within accounts
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and appropriately communicates the Bioscience portfolio and Lonza’s value proposition to customers
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge capabilities, applications, regulatory knowledge, and product justification in order to be recognized as the expert in the field.
- Advanced understanding of assigned accounts including site locations, departments, key decision makers, and decision making process
- Advanced understanding of market knowledge and competitor landscape.
- Organizes, plans, and schedules time to provide optimum and effective account and territory coverage.
- Record activities and client information in the CRM database on a daily and timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales/Business Development in relevant Life Sciences industry
- Knowledge of cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry preferred.
- Core Selling skills (prospecting, funnel management, closing, etc.) including creating customer value, consultative selling, technical selling, and effective sales presentations
- Knowledge and experience in the disciplines of drug discovery and pre-clinical development with knowledge of manufacturing, quality control, quality control, and the biotech/biopharma industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence.
- Customer facing attitude, the ability to build relationships based on trust and long-term commitment.
- Strong gravitas, particularity in specific technology area of focus.
- Leadership skills and experience working in and driving teams to a specific customer-based results.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate successfully within own team as well as cross-functionally
- Ability to travel 30% of time for business
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this remote position is expected to range between $102,000 and $119,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.