Internship with Biochemical Focus in Analytical Development Mammalian
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Ibex™ Solutions, our recently launched unique biological development and manufacturing concept in Visp, Switzerland, offers a complete product lifecycle of a biopharmaceutical – from preclinical to commercial stages, from drug substance to drug product, all in one location. The three offerings Ibex™ Design, Ibex™ Develop, and Ibex™ Dedicate have been developed as a response to a dynamic market and evolving needs.
Our analytical development team supporting Ibex™ Solutions projects is seeking a motivated intern with initial experience in ELISA, qPCR or similar methods and a passion for analytics to join our Lonza talent community. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for this internship position.
Duration: 6-12 months.
- Execution of routine analytical methods in an analytical development environment (Impurity and Potency ELISA, qPCR, SPR and other methods)
- Generation and collection of high-quality data, including performing data analysis and interpretation of results
- Working independently on the implementation of improvements and development of new technical solutions
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and responsibility for associated laboratory activities
- Basic knowledge of biochemical methods is a must. Hands-on laboratory experience is beneficial
- Skills in data analysis and interpretation are desired
- Scientific curiosity and interest in analytical chemistry
- Collaborative and good communication skills in English, German is a plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.