Internal Sales Representative-Health Ingredients US
Internal Sales Representative- Health Ingredients US
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Position is the commercial role for searching and growing new account business for the Nutrition, Ingredient BU in North America. As new accounts possess the potential to develop into larger and more substantial account, this position would play a critical role in seeking and nurturing new customers. Nature of work includes identify new customers and developing partnerships for the longevity of the CHI business.
- Responsible for prospecting and lead generation by conducting research to identify potential customers through various channels, such as cold calling, email outreach, social media and networking events.
- Engage with prospect customers to understand their needs, then introduce Ingredient product portfolio and highlight values.
- Track and manage leads, opportunities and sales via Salesforce.com and SAP to grow revenue targets.
- Assist customers with order placement, tracking and modifications to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Works with Lonza marketing, sales, customer service, supply chain and operations to ensure customer centricity and business continuity.
- Provide market feedback to colleagues and regional management regarding competitive activities (i.e. pricing, quality, new product introductions, sales force changes, etc.).
- Active participation in Industry Events, Trade Shows and Trade Associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, life sciences or technical discipline required.
- Significant knowledge of Customer Service and/or Sales experience, to include contacts with Purchasing, Production, R&D, Marketing, Innovation and Quality.
- Direct dietary supplement and/or pharma industry experience highly preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to relationship build.
- Ability to project manage, multi-task and manage resources to maximize territory performance.
- Experienced at public speaking, customer presentations and internal communications.
- Must have interpersonal effectiveness and patience in handling all aspects of external and internal customer interactions and have demonstrated the ability to be a team player.
- Must be able to travel to accounts/sales meetings domestically (10-15%); occasional international travel may be required.
- Experience with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce.com and LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other sales management financial tools highly desired.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.