Manager, Analytical Development
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Manager, Analytical Development to join their Product Development team at their Bend, Oregon location. We are looking for a self-starter that will lead a multidisciplinary team to design, develop and advance drug products to the market on behalf of customer’s and their patients.
- Manage team of analytical development project leaders
- Guide direct reports toward achieving project deliverables
- Ensure safe work environment, processes, and standards
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Adhere to GMP quality systems and standards
- Provide technical and behavioral guidance to direct reports
- Schedule team to meet project deliverables across multiple projects
- Accountable for the quality of project deliverables
- Train direct reports and assist in client communication.
- Identify, develop, and execute continuous improvement opportunities for analytical workstreams.
- Manage personnel within company systems
- Provide ongoing feedback and guidance to direct reports
- Lead or conduct change controls, investigations and corrective/preventative actions in accordance with regulatory and global requirements.
- Train, develop, and retain personnel
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, at minimum, in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical science or other related engineer/scientific field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analytical method development and validation in pharmaceuticals or other regulated field, including relevant graduate school experience
- Strong method development and validation experience in dissolution and chromatography, preferably for final drug product. Inhalation method development experience would also be acceptable
- Strong leadership, writing, and communication/presentation skills are required
- Must be independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
- Successful candidates must be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated balance of collaborative leadership and autonomous problem solving
Experience managing people is preferred