Lead Engineer, Project Engineering
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
We are looking to hire a Project Engineer to join our Project Engineering team at Tuas site in Singapore. The role is responsible for the initiation, planning, execution and closure of site capital projects.
- Together with users, develop and issue the 5 years site master CAPEX plan with estimated capital expenses.
- Complete the approved projects listed in the CAPEX plan and capital expenses within the total approved budget.
- Capable of leading a small to mid-scale or a lump sum (up to 2 million USD) project from initiation to completion. Together with the users, define the project scope. Drive the feasibility study, concept design, basic design, detailed design phases and a +/- 10% budget of approved projects.
- Manage the contractor during the construction phase to deliver the agreed quality, costs and schedule of the projects.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior engineers in project engineering.
- Coordinate and manage the commissioning, IQ and OQ phases of the projects. Ensure completed projects and documents/drawings are properly handed over the users and Technical Services. Ensure project close out process is completed.
- Propose and evaluate modifications to equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and enhance company goals.
- Supervise outside contractors to develop and implement Capital projects and plant modification.
- Support customer queries on process related issues.
- Involve in new customer tech transfer and risk assessment
- Good knowledge of key business process such as change control, permit to work, drawing management, documentum etc.
- Support the team on inspection readiness at all time.
- Diploma or Degree in relevant engineering disciplines.
- Relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of manufacturing equipment, preferably in Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical facilities.
- Good project management skills, ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good understanding in process equipment design and operation.
- Strong problem solving ability, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.