Senior Software Developer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Personalized Medicine business unit aims to make cell and gene therapies accessible to all patients. Specifically, our team develops and distributes the Cocoon® Platform which is an automated, scalable, and functionally closed-process cell therapy manufacturing platform. The Cocoon® Platform is used to manufacture multiple types of cell therapy with applications in oncology (i.e. CAR-T), regenerative medicine (i.e. HSCs, MSCs), and tissue engineering (i.e. orthopedics). Successful candidate will be a part of Personalized Medicine Software team creating best-in-class software for the Cocoon® Platform. We are a team with a great mission, a high level of excitement, and resources to accomplish our goals!
This position offers location flexibility in Canada.
The Senior Software Developer role involves a fair share of software architecture, components design, hands-on implementation, root-cause analysis, and design documentation.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player with high accountability and motivation.
Technology: C#, event buses, message brokers, REST APIs, secure communications, COM ports, USB, CANbus, WPF, .Net MAUI, ASP .Net, Blazor, MS SQL, MS Azure DevOps, cross-platform .Net development.
- Design software architecture and components for the Cocoon® Platform. Implement, maintain, and develop Cocoon® Platform software via hands-on prototyping, coding, unit testing, and troubleshooting
- Provide Software subject matter expert (SME) support to Cocoon® Platform issue investigations
- Produce software design documentation in accordance with Lonza PerMed Quality Management System and Software Design process requirements
- Design Cocoon® Platform as a Software SME collaborating with Product Management, Engineering, Biology, and other cross-functional teams
- Develop own professional skills via at-work experience, technology research, and training
- Develop Software Team’s competencies promoting best practices, mentorship, and collaboration
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree; Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field of study preferred.
- 7+ years overall Software Development experience, including 5 years designing software architecture and components for device-based products.
- Experience working in the Medical Device Software industry or in one with similar process, reliability and quality requirements (i.e. avionics, robotics, automotive, banking software) is a strong asset
- Possession of a relevant Microsoft Certification is a strong asset
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the purpose and satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.