Regional Pricing Manager - Americas(Remote)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Regional Pricing Manager will support different commercial functions by driving analytics, recommending strategic and tactical actions and providing guidance for optimized pricing decisions. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring competitive pricing, maximizing profitability, and supporting overall business growth.
We are looking for an energetic professional who is passionate about Business-to-business commerce; who is experienced in pricing, data analytics and process design; who enjoys interaction with sales and who is seeking to make a difference to consumers/patients life in a multicultural organization.
- Analytics & reporting:
- Monitor and report on regional pricing trends, pricelist deviation, pricing opportunities and latest quoting KPIs for improved tactical decisions.
- Monitor with finance and procurement the latest costing trends to proactively detect impacts on profitability and needs for pricelist updates.
- Own the pricing record auditing process, ensuring adequate documentation is recorded on any tactical decision.
- Closely collaborate with the global pricing team to exchange insights and resources, to maintain a coherence and consistency in guidance.
- Decision support:
- Support to sales people across the region on tactical pricing decisions: individual quotes made to customers.
- Act as a relay to product line strategies, by promoting at turn “volume expansion” or “value-based” pricing methods, where beneficial to CHI.
- Building and maintaining regional pricelists for products and services based on strategic considerations and local market insights.
- Support to sales people in building business cases for high value deals escalations to the pricing committee (a body of senior CHI leaders)
- Identify and recommend tactical pricing opportunities based on regional metrics & competitive intelligence
- Systems & processes:
- Build necessary dashboards to support your role's required analysis, reporting and partnering needs.
- Champion pricing processes adoption throughout the commercial community to ensure compliance to the “pricing policy”. To this end, lead a “fit-gap” analysis on existing procedures and drive needed improvements.
- Establish and lead a regional ‘tactical’ pricing committee that will review and validate specific pricing opportunities
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Admin, Finance, Marketing or related field
- Certified Pricing Professional preferred but not required
- Adaptability to changes in organizations setup, market environments and stakeholder needs is a must.
- Effective communicator and collaborator, ablility to work with virtual cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including engineers, designers, sales, and marketing teams from all over the globe.
- Understanding of profitability, working capital and cashflow commercial and operations levers are required
- Data management and systems proficiency:
- Advanced Excel (advanced required)
- Advanced Powerpoint (advanced required)
- PowerBI (advanced strong plus)
- SQL language (is a strong plus)
- SAP ERP & BW user experience (is a strong plus)
- R or Python language (is a plus)
- Salesforce.com experience (is a plus)
- CPQ or advance pricing software experience (is a plus)
- Pricing and commercial experience: Prior exposure or understanding of pricing and commercial dynamics in b2b realities is a strong plus
- Knowledge in the Pharma and/or Nutrition Markets is a plus
- Program/project management experience (is a plus)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this remote position is expected to range between $118,000 and $138,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.