Site Finance Head - Portsmouth & Lexington
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site Head of Finance is a key Business Partner to the CGT BU head and our CGT sites in Lexington, MA and Portsmouth, NH, USA. The role is responsible for enabling site leadership teams to drive site strategy and operation to deliver short-and long-term targets by providing insightful analysis and recommendations in all financials aspects of the site such as (but not limited to) cost transparency, product profitability, risk & opportunities, commercial proposals, key performance indicators in production, innovation, cost savings, planning cycles, capex and net working capital. The Site Head of Finance also ensures compliance with external financial reporting obligations and managing site audits. Site Head of Finance coordinates data flows, KPIs and standards across the site and ensure actionable, accurate and consistent production performance in line with the global site network.
- Drives achievement of short- and long-term financial targets by driving results supported by insightful performance analysis and recommendations across all financial aspects of the sites including: cost transparency and product profitability; production KPIs; cost savings programs; commercial deals, and investments
- Manages monthly financial closing, including forecasting and risks & opportunity process; works with Division and BU Finance and Corporate FP&A; scope includes revenue to EBITDA, balance sheet and cash generation
- Leads 5 year strategic planning process for the sites with focus on sales, cost savings/innovation, capital requirements and investment planning process
- Leads annual budgeting process with site leadership with the objective of meeting corporate targets and deadlines
- Performs Return-on-Investment analysis for various CAPEX projects
- Leads process and system improvement projects (SAP enhancements, new process and tools introductions etc.) together with local and global supply chain group, corporate accounting and global operations
- Acts as single-point-of contact towards Shared Service Center and external auditors in accounting, internal controls and audit questions for the area of responsibility
- Leads local finance teams
- Reports to BU Finance head with responsibility for standardization and coordination of site production performance data
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance and/or Accounting
- Experience with SAP, HFM, SAC required
- Highly analytical, financial modelling, team oriented and at ease with systems and ambiguity
- Cross-functional agility, proactive in search for best practice processes, ability to prioritize and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Gravitas of a current and future leader, bias towards action and results delivery which are critical in a highly performance oriented environment
- Demonstrated change manager
- Facilitate changes through effective management and be flexible to learn
- Know the business and think ahead in the interests of Lonza
- Communicate effectively, strong ability to influence key stakeholders and work successfully in a team
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.