US Protein & Vaccine Sales Specialist- West Coast
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The focus of the US Protein & Vaccine Media Sales Specialist role is to increase sales (revenue and profit) by supporting mammalian expression systems /CHO media to assigned existing and new pharmaceutical/ biotech / other customers – West Coast USA customer base. The successful candidate will provide field technical support for Cell Culture Media product lines and will gather and communicate information on market trends and competitive activities. The Sales Specialist works in close conjunction with manufacturing sites, R&D, licensing & commercial organizations and relevant Product Management responsible for Lonza media.
See what we are all about: Lonza Bioscience | Lonza
This role will be based in the US, preferably West Coast based.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who have a desire to help our clients succeed. If consultative selling is your passion, this could be a great role for you. Ideally, we would like to hire bright, science-minded team members with experience in cell culture media Sales/BD and/or technical manufacturing.
- Achieve sales targets by increasing product sales to existing and potential Pharma and Biotech customers in the Western US region
- Manage all business aspects for accounts related to designated product line, including complaint handling, and managing internal company business or conflicts to support account needs
- Assess sales potential in order to achieve specific territory sales targets
- Work extensively in conjunction with Product Management MMDM licensing team & Key Account Managers (KAMs) in order to find new business opportunities
- Gather and communicate information on market trends and applications as well as on competitive activities
- Maintain accurate customer data in CRM
- Accurately report financial forecast information for the designated territory on a regular and annual basis
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor`s degree in Biology or other Life Science field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Sales/BD and/or technical manufacturing role working with cell culture media, including mAbs and recombinant proteins
- Core selling skills, including creating customer value, negotiation, closing, consultative selling and effective presentation delivery
- Computer software skills including maintaining CRM database, MS Office Suite, planning and project platforms
- Excellent communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this remote position is expected to range between $ 128,700 and $150,150. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.