Associate Director, Regional Subject Matter Expert- Biotherapeutic Media
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Associate Director, Regional Subject Matter Expert handles field-based in-depth technical and application based sales & customer support for the Protein & Vaccine focus area of Lonza Bioscience Media Solutions. This includes technical/scientific seminars, engagement with relevant industry associations and or bodies e.g. BPOG; product training for customers and Lonza personnel; customer support and troubleshooting, to include applications and/or modalities such as Perfusion, and support new products and/or initiatives. The successful candidate serves as an industry thought leader in aligning Media Solutions strategy within the Bioscience sales & marketing organization.
See what we are all about: Lonza Bioscience | Lonza
This role will be based in the US ,ideally in close proximity to one of our major manufacturing sites.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who have strong peer-to-peer influencing skills and experience in Industrial application of mammalian cell culture (mAbs, recombinant proteins and vaccine manufacture)and related markets combined with a desire to help our clients succeed.
- Field-based technical and scientific support, in the areas of mammalian cell culture, and upstream applications. Assists customers with upstream work flow design & trouble shooting, collaborates with customers and provides assistance with integrating Lonza products & know how in the creation of truly value adding solutions
- Presentation of technical and scientific seminars in support of Lonza products, solutions and applicable technologies at conferences, academic institutions, customer sites, and webinars. This includes the solicitation and generation of white papers.
- In-field technical support for customer applications including fed batch and perfusion
- Support of in-field tests for new products and participation and engagement in VOC (voice of customer) surveys
- Helps to develop cross-functional activities with other Lonza business units, especially Mammalian
- Participation in external forums to keep abreast of industry trends, such as Share groups, LinkedIn groups, etc.
- Maintain understanding of the latest Media Solutions opportunities and trends in customer interaction and inspire the Bioscience organization with those possibilities
- Master’s degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in Industrial application of mammalian cell culture and related markets (mAb’s, recombinant proteins and vaccine manufacture)
- Extensive practical experience in and or exposure to industrial cell culture methods and work flows within the life science field. Demonstrated success at building customer relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Ability to clearly and convincingly articulate product benefits & values, branding, marketing and creative strategies
- Data interpretation and analysis
- Strong strategic thinker: Ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, and day-to-day directing of projects through completion
- Language requirements: Minimum English fluent in speaking and writing, other additional languages preferred
- Must be willing/able to travel 50% (North America and minimal international)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this remote position is expected to range between
$153,000 and $187,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.