Head Corporate Accounting and Controlling(f/m/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The mission of Finance at Lonza is to be a catalyst for the business to enable a healthier world and create sustainable stakeholder value, whilst safeguarding company assets through best-in-class business advisory and process excellence led by strong teams and smart use of technology.
Lonza Finance is organized in 5 unique areas of expertise being Corporate Finance, Divisional Controlling, Operations Controlling, FP&A and M&A and the Global Business Service Organization.
Lonza now has a unique opportunity for an experienced Finance Leader to join the Corporate Finance team as Head of Corporate Accounting & Controlling.
Corporate Accounting and Controlling is part of the Corporate Accounting & External Reporting (CAER) department. The CAER team sets Lonza Group’s financial governance in the area of accounting, controlling, data structure management and financial compliance. It ensures that the external Financial Reporting is accurate and compliant with IFRS and Swiss Stock Exchange regulations. The responsibilities of the Head of Corporate Accounting & Controlling include providing clarity about the global business steering logic and associated KPIs to support top management to effectively steer the business. The job holder sets and defines with her/his team of 4 senior professionals global financial and management accounting standards and guidelines for the whole Finance organization supporting external and internal reporting.
- Support and advise on the development of the Group’s Business Steering Model
- Set and define global standards and guidelines in the area of Corporate Accounting by establishing and maintaining a unified chart of accounts and ensure “first time right” postings
- Set and define global standards and guidelines in the area of Management Accounting along industry best practices
- Drives simplification and standardization of global accounting and controlling concepts reflected in the Management Accounting Manual and the Global Chart of Accounts
- Set and define global standards for account reconciliation to ensure balance sheet integrity for the Lonza Group
- Leads the team to ensure high quality service delivery and achievement of the objectives
- Closely works with all the stakeholders and establishing effective governance
- Masters in Finance/Controlling or Accounting
- Extensive experience in the area of financial and management accounting
- Experience in manufacturing industry is required; Pharma/Biotech is an advantage
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to provide guidance to Finance teams in the divisions, global operations, the corporate finance teams and the global business service organization including shared service centers
- Excellent Finance management & Financial IT System skills supported by exceptional conceptual, strategy-setting and analytical skills; SAP S4 implementation experience is a plus
- Strong project management skills at global level
- Ability to motivate teams directly and indirectly in order to produce high quality results
- Experience in direct people management
- Ability to influence and positively impact Top Management, peers and colleagues
- Experience in change management
- Must be business fluent in English; German is nice to have.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.