Associate Director, Personalized Medicine Technical Service
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Personalized Medicine business unit aims to make cell and gene therapies accessible to all patients. Specifically, our team develops and distributes the Cocoon® Platform which addresses challenges in cell therapy manufacturing as a functionally closed, automated, and scalable solution for personalized therapy manufacturing. We are a team with a great mission, a high level of excitement and resources to accomplish our goals!
Are you a dynamic leader with a passion for cutting-edge technology and customer service? Do you have a proven track record in managing technical teams and driving excellence in field support? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
This position offers location flexibility to the ideal candidate, with a preference for candidates based in Canada or the US.
The Associate Director of PerMed Global Field Technical Services oversees a team of experts providing field support for the advanced autologous cell therapy device, Cocoon®. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams, partners, and customers to ensure top-tier technical service. Leading growth, team development, and enhancing business processes for compliance are key. You'll closely collaborate with internal Sustaining Engineering, MSAT, and Manufacturing teams to optimize service engineering and guide product stability. Coordinating improvement projects across functions, your leadership thrives in a transformative, growth-focused setting.
- Lead Global Field Technical Services: Direct the day-to-day operations of our Global Personalized Medicine Field Technical Services organization, including implementing and maintaining ISO9001/13485 compliant service processes, documentation, and tools.
- Oversee Cocoon® Service Operations: Manage all aspects of Cocoon® Service Operations within the life science and medical device markets, ensuring seamless support and outstanding service quality.
- Drive Technical Excellence: Work closely with Sustaining Engineering, Manufacturing, and other teams to optimize Service Operations, enhance Field Service, stabilize products, and implement Design for Service principles.
- Strategic Collaboration: Collaborate with Customers, Field Scientific Advisors and Commercial teams to align on critical issues, resource scheduling, and strategic support planning.
- Customer-Centric Approach: Identify customer pain points and needs within the CGT marketspace through engagement and surveys, and use this feedback to drive improvements and updates.
- Product Expertise: Serve as a subject matter expert, prioritizing fixes and updates to current product generations. Contribute to roadmap development for successful system updates and fixes.
- Team Leadership and Development: Manage and develop your team, including coaching, performance management, and employee development. Maintain a high-performance culture of excellence.
Qualifications and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory guidelines, quality systems and validation processes for new system/instrumentation installation, including ISO13485
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Budgeting and expense reporting skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills to inspire, develop, and lead a high-performing team
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to handle disputes and emergencies
- At least 5 years of experience in Field Service, Depot Service, Service Engineering, or related fields
- Required, BA/BS in Engineering, Life Sciences or related field
Why Join Us:
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Work with the innovative Cocoon® technology at the forefront of the advanced autologous cell therapy market.
- Impactful Role: Lead a team that plays a pivotal role in providing exceptional technical service to our customers and products.
- Collaborative Environment: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, customers, and partners, contributing to the organization's growth and success.
- Professional Growth: Take on leadership responsibilities, lead by example, and further develop your leadership and technical skills.
- Global Exposure: Embrace international travel opportunities to support our global customer base.
- If you're ready to take on a challenging leadership role in a dynamic and innovative environment, apply now to be our Associate Director of PerMed Global Field Technical Services! Join us in shaping the future of advanced autologous cell therapy technology and making a difference in patient lives.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the purpose and satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this remote position is expected to range between $153,000 and $187,000 USD. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.