Director Account Management East Coast
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
• To develop robust and well thought out strategic account plans, and to obtain sales management and business unit approval of the plans. Account planning should be based on but not limited to current market/industry trends, and a sound understanding of the accounts pipeline a commercialization strategies.
• Manage ongoing account business and contractual negotiations. Ensure on time delivery and execution of Scope of Work. Organize and host Lonza & Customer Joint Steering Committees and Executive Steering Committees. Ensures that all lead and opportunity is consistently kept up to date to apprise senior management on the overall status of the incumbent’s account opportunity pipeline.
• Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiation processes, developing and deploying robust value propositions and action plans to close deals effectively and maximize margin
• Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments, elevating critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organizational barriers to resolve customer problems
• Demonstrated effectiveness in closing complex customer deals with multiple projects across all available Lonza technologies. Demonstrated competence in collaboration, teamwork and communication with customer, as well as internal Lonza Commercial Leadership
REMOTE EAST COAST - Boston, MA or Northeast Region
Bachelor's Degree - Biology, Biochemistry, or related Engineering field
A Master's degree in Life Science's or Engineering. PhD and/or MBA PREFERRED. Preferred area of study
4-8 years of commercial experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CDMO space.
Proven track record in delivering year on year financial and customer satisfaction targets.
General understanding of drug development and commercialization pathways.
Technical understanding of drug substance and drug product manufacturing processes.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this REMOTE position is expected to range between $176,400K - $205,800K annually. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.