Associate Director, Global Subject Matter Expert, Media Solutions
United Kingdom, Slough
Associate Director, Media Solutions - Global Subject Matter Expert
(On-site/Remote, with travel)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of to enable a healthier world.
As part of our ongoing growth strategy, we are looking for a new Subject Matter Expert to take on a challenging but highly interesting position at Associate Director level, working either from a European Lonza site or remotely.
This European role handles field-based in-depth technical and application based sales & customer support for the Protein & Vaccine focus area of Lonza Bioscience Media Solutions. This includes technical/scientific seminars, engagement with relevant industry associations and or bodies e.g. BPOG; product training for customers and Lonza personnel; customer support and troubleshooting, to include applications and/or modalities such as Perfusion, and support new products and/or initiatives. This position is a member of the sales & marketing leadership team within Bioscience.
- Serves as an industry thought leader in aligning Media Solutions strategy within the Bioscience sales & marketing organization.
- Field-based technical and scientific support, in the areas of mammalian cell culture, and upstream applications.
- Assists customers with upstream work flow design & trouble shooting, collaborates with customers and provides assistance with integrating Lonza products & know how in the creation of truly value adding solutions.
- Supports sales & marketing for all of the Protein & Vaccine related products in the Lonza Bioscience Media Solutions portfolio, including training for Lonza personnel & customers.
- Presentation of technical and scientific seminars in support of Lonza products, solutions and applicable technologies at conferences, academic institutions, customer sites, and webinars. This includes the solicitation and generation of white papers.
- In-field technical support for customer applications including fed batch and perfusion
- Support of in-field tests for new products and participation and engagement in VOC (voice of customer) surveys.
- Helps to develop cross-functional activities with other Lonza business units, especially Mammalian
- Participation in external forums to keep abreast of industry trends, such as Share groups, LinkedIn groups, etc.
- Maintain understanding of the latest Media Solutions opportunities and trends in customer interaction and inspire the Bioscience organization with those possibilities.
- Ability to travel approx. 30% of the time across Europe.
- Significant experience within a Media Development background.
- Subject Matter expert in the Protein & Vaccines focus area
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to work effectively in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills; Business fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Qualified to at least a BSc level.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.