Production Engineering Services Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role is considered a subject matter expert in his area, responsible for a smooth and optimized integration of the operations included in the maintenance plans and the interaction of these with the rest of the activities of the different departments/areas with the aim of increasing efficiency and avoiding the impact on the plant's revenues, guaranteeing the fulfilment of the objectives from an operational perspective.
- Manage and Update SAP Maintenance database (technical locations, equipment, maintenance plans).
- Attend to maintenance non-planned notifications and breakdowns and assign tasks to corresponding maintenance work center.
- Manage Site Maintenance, Engineering, and Automation Work Orders.
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Automation Specialists, Manufacturing, Supply Chain area, and final users to plan and schedule Maintenance activities.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Automation Change Managers and Project Leads to meet projects requirements related to support Work Orders generation, planning and scheduling.
- Spare parts and technical materials identification and codification according to maintenance plans and maintenance strategy.
- Manage and Update Engineering Master Documentation (drawings, equipment manuals, specifications, etc).and SAP Master Data
- Manage the Engineering Document Library
- Manage processes for new and existing equipment (systems, elements, etc) codification.
- Generate reports and provide required information to monitor and control Department Performance (Workload, Backlog, Cost Control, etc).
- Develop and implement continuous improvement actions looking for a more efficient and lean performance.
- Maintain fluent working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead multidisciplinary technical teams for the optimization of operations related to predictive and reactive maintenance activities.
- Support operational teams to coordinate their activities in a plan to maximize actions with minimal impact on plant revenue.
- Continuous analysis based on real and accurate data in order to look for different opportunities to increase efficiency and optimization of project, maintenance and CQV.
- Communicates risks to stakeholders and escalates as required.
- Provides data for review of team performance within the department and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Continually seeks alignment of business objectives with process improvement philosophy to support the vision of operational excellence, leading innovative ideas and actions to increase the level of excellence in planning and scheduling.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive and effective metrics and process control mechanisms to identify opportunities for improvement in operations, projects, maintenance and CQV planning and scheduling.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or relevant years of experience
- 6 years minimum experience working in a GMP regulated facility
- 2+ years direct management experience
- 5 years of experience with control systems (building management etc)
- Strong working knowledge of maintenance systems and methodologies, and CMMS software-- SAP preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience and aptitude for redesign and modification to enhance equipment performance
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this position is expected to range between $141,300 to $164,850. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the successful candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.