Senior Data Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join the team in Milan. This is a hands on engineering position with the main focus on business and digital transformation. The Senior Data Engineer will have the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders across the Lonza network providing solution architecture and engineering for data ingestion and modelling challenges and delivering operational support and troubleshooting to the business.
- Support and enable Data Strategy and specifically the Lonza Data Architecture.
- Supporting solution architecture and engineering for data ingestion and modelling challenges
- Support the deduplication of enterprise data tools, working with the Lonza Data Governance Board, Digital Council and IT to drive towards a single Lonza Data Architecture
- Work closely with our business intelligence and data scientists to help build and deliver unique insights into our data
- Model front end and back end data sources to help draw a more comprehensive picture of user flows throughout our system and enable powerful data analysis
- Build data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate data from disparate sources
- Manage and maintain the Lonza Data Architecture and solutions that deliver the platform at Lonza with operational support and troubleshooting
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, Datawarehouse, Data Fabric, Data Virtualisaiton business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.