Scientist II, Product Development
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Scientist on the Product Development team at their Bend, Oregon. We are looking for a self-starter that contributes to a multidisciplinary team to design, develop and advance drug products to the market on behalf of customer’s and their patients.
- Contribute to research and development activities in collaboration with clients and internal technical teams by executing work plans
- Apply knowledge of pharmaceutical science, chemistry, material science, and engineering to solve challenges around safety, drug delivery, formulation, analytics, and manufacturing
- Adhere to scientifically-sound practices; including the design, execution, review, and interpretation of experiments
- Communicate technical information to internal teams in the form of oral and written correspondence, presentations, and reports
- Prepare documents such as standard operating procedures, memos, reports, and technology transfer documentation
- Maintain instruments, equipment, processes, and systems to improve safety, quality, and performance
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed
- Entry level with a degree in science, engineering, or related field
- Research experience is highly desirable
- Strong foundation in mathematical and scientific principles
- Ability to perform and document experiments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly collaborative, scientifically-driven, team-oriented, and customer-focused environment inclusive of research, development, and GMP manufacturing
- Understanding of research practices and the pharmaceutical industry is encouraged
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.