Lead Maintenance Technician
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Under limited supervision, the Lead Maintenance Technician coordinates the maintenance, preventative maintenance and upkeep of Plant site manufacturing, critical systems, and facilities equipment. Repair, overhaul, and perform preventive maintenance on Plant equipment to include, but not limited to, process based Biologics manufacturing, critical systems water, steam, compressed air systems, clean/Plant steam systems, and Plant infrastructure support systems and equipment. Manage contractors for maintenance of facility and utility equipment. Manage contractors for maintenance of facility and utility equipment and support new projects throughout the site. Positional responsibilities include gas welding; operating diagnostic equipment and instrumentation; using technical measuring devices; reading and interpreting instrumentation; using technical measuring devices; and reading and interpreting electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems.
- Coordinates breakdown and preventative maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis to include, but not limited to, tanks, mixers, process chillers, HVAC air handlers, central chillers, pumps, and equipment and industrial control systems as responsibilities assigned to Facilities maintenance in both cGMP and non-cGMP areas.
- Responsible for repairing standby electrical generator systems, lower and normal temperature cold storage equipment, building automation system components, mechanical and electrical equipment as assigned.
- Provides troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of equipment and equipment components related to positional responsibilities, which includes, but is not limited to: pumps, piping, and plumbing components; electrical controls, compressors, vacuum pumps, sanitary piping, blowers, and facility equipment.
- Operates, performs operational equipment checks of Critical Systems equipment to include plant and clean steam boilers, water treatment equipment and systems, compressed air systems, and waste water treatment equipment.
- Ensures preventative maintenance tasks are completed on schedule and are escalated as required if not on schedule.
- Completes Work Order tasks and documentation in compliance with Plant Standard Operating Procedures. Orders parts and supplies as required for job assignments or supply cabinets as assigned. Maintain regulatory permitted systems records in compliance with cGMP, US EPA, and BAAWMD mandated record keeping.
- Participates in On Call Stand By rotation maintenance program as assigned by Engineering management.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices, and codes to include NFPA, NEC, UBS, UMC, and UPC in compliance with Hayward City, general pharma EH&S, loss insurance requirements, and USFDA cGMPs.
- Ensures personal Training Plan execution and compliance. Attends required training, meetings, and Quality working teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, AA/AS technical discipline. Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate, documented military training, or commensurate combination of technical education and experience.
- Maintenance experience at journeyman level in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to report on and recommend improvements to budget for maintenance activities within scope of responsibility.
- Maintenance program is conducted in a Regulated industry and subject to Government agency and external customer audits and inspections.
- Safety is #1 priority, reflective of Lonza’s culture. Must have a good safety record.
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this position is expected to range between $91,800 to $107,100. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the successful candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.