Head of Engineering Services Americas (Pharma/Life Sciences)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Engineering Services for Strategic Growth Investment & Engineering(SGIE) for the Americas region will be accountable for planning & delivering engineering services across a variety of disciplines (electrical, clean utilities, field/architectural/safety, EHS and construction management) to support Americas growth/projects across all Divisions (Bio, CGT, SM, CHI, BS). The Head of Engineering Services owns the technical resources & their development to ensure Lonza Americas stays current technically. The successful candidate will respond to SME requests from Capital Projects and sites.
This role will be based out of: Portsmouth NH.
See what we are all about: About Us | Lonza
The ideal candidate will be an experienced pharmaceutical industry technical people leader with ability to mentor/develop team members and allocate resources appropriately per each project.
- Building a high performing Americas Electrical, Clean Utilities, Civil & Architectural team with a well-developed sense of commercial acumen combined with strong traditional project management & engineering skills
- Within the team:
- Create a spirit of enterprise and innovation
- Enhance fundamental Engineering and Technological principles
- Provide SMEs for all Capex projects executed by SGIE Americas
- Work with Delivery Leads to plan resource needs (2 to 3 year projected project starts)
- Be an integral member and contributor to the Americas SGIE LT providing input and support on strategic growth projects concerning facility expansion and other CAPEX projects by providing the respective services
- Ensure the services are managed and provided in accordance with standards in order to meet technical performance, budget, schedule and GMP compliance requirements
- Directly engage in managing and resolving critical issues that arise. Provide escalation paths for Business Partners, SGIE Project Teams and Functions. Ensure all critical issues are quickly analysed & correctly resolved
- Lead & manage all construction management & activities across all major investment projects in Americas (EHS, Temp. Facilities, Site Access, Permitting & Liaison with Authorities) & ensure harmonization with Master Plan & operational activities
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree, required- Engineering or similar program of study
- At least 15 years of experience in an Engineering role in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- An outstanding mastery of all the necessary engineering and project management disciplines required to support the SGIE clusters
- Will be an experienced leader, with a strong presence capable of commanding the respect of senior colleagues and subordinates
- Very experienced in working in a highly matrix organization and complex set-up
- Creative thinker and able to overcome obstacles – cannot be just a steady pair of hands
- Strong technologically, with a good commercial acumen
- Capable of envisioning and designing new ways of working
- Works well with others in a collaborative, high-paced environment. Relationship builder
- Can build and develop strong teams. People leader that develops trust & retention for Lonza.
- Very strong problem solver – Logical and Analytical
- Self-starter – needs minimal direction
- Able to influence peers; determined and resilient. Patient, dependable, precise
- Willing/able to travel up to 25%
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law