IT, Team Lead ERP Logistics EMEA
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced IT, Team Lead ERP Logistics EMEA of our newly formed Centre of Excellence (CoE) for IT and OT in EMEA, located in Milan.
The Head of the regional CoE Operations Technology will be responsible for leading the ERP logistics solutions in the assigned regions. You will be accountable for all Plan, Build & Run aspects of Logistics team as well as organize and drive the localization and regional deployment of global IT solutions for Production, Warehousing, Quality Management, Supply Chain and Procurement projects.
- Lead the regional ERP logistics team. Responsible for staff-related activities such as recruitment, development, replacement, performance qualification, and salary review. In charge of the daily performance of the assigned team members. Report status, progress, and risks to the Head of ERP logistics.
- Gather and review the IT needs in the area of SAP Logistics. Advise on solutions. Support prioritization of IT projects and change requests. Contribute to the project portfolio process. Steer the implementation of SAP Logistics Systems.
- Inform the regional and/or site business managers about the IT priorities. Identify their IT needs and align them with global programs. Advise regional stakeholders on IT projects and change processes. Act as IT escalation instance for site / regional business managers.
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership with the global process owner, ensuring strategies, expectations, and deliverables are aligned across the board.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of SAP Logistics modules used by the business. Drive and control continuous improvement of functionality, stability, and performance of these systems with assigned team members. Oversee, control, and steer the incident and problem tickets related to these systems.
- Accountable for the support, localization, and deployment of global IT solutions in the region. Responsible for internal and external staffing of IT projects and change requests. Perform tactical capacity planning. Act as a steering group member in IT projects.
- Collaborate with IT Vendor Management to source external specialists for projects and change. Work out SoW, define and control SLAs for externally sourced IT build services.
- Ensure adherence to GMP regulations and IT security policies of new and enhanced solutions of assigned team members.
- Contribute to the building of global IT solutions. Take over project management and/or subject matter expert functions as assigned.
- Contribute to the definition, documentation, development, and training of the IT business application deployment approach and enforce it as part of projects. Collaborate with Enterprise Architect as well as IT QA to ensure compliance of IT business applications with given policies.
- Coordinate IT activities and staffing with the leads of the other regions as well as with IT project managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc Qualified, ideally within Computer Sciences or Business Administration
- Extensive industry experience within IT / OT and Business Services.
- Previous experience managing a team, will ideally have grown from a functional IT position into a leader.
- Experience with Business Partnering for both External and Internal customers.
- Functional expertise with SAP and/or within a Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- Fluency in English, any other European languages an advantage (German desirable)
- Certification in SAP, MES, Lab Systems or Project Management an advantage.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.