Site Operational Excellence Lead
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
- Enables and supports the Site Leadership Team in the development of a culture of operational excellence, continuous improvement, and Lean, through programs aligned with Lonza methodologies and strategies. Sponsors continuous improvement and lean initiatives to improve safety, quality, service, productivity, cost, and engagement. Serves as the ambassador of Greenwood on the Global CHI Operational Excellence council to drive best in class initiatives and actively spread best practices.
- Develops the workforce through education, training, certification and qualification which provides the tools and methodologies to improve business performance. Examples include but not limited to Six Sigma certification, continuous education, job skill training, and other workforce development opportunities as needed.
- Champion of the site X-matrix & Hoshin planning to ensure divisional strategies anchor the site objectives.
- Sponsors the site integrated action plan to align and prioritize with the site objectives and ensure compliance with target deliverables.
- Works hands on with colleagues across the entire organization (inclusive of shop floor and end to end business processes) to reduce waste, increase productivity, optimize processes, improve quality, reduce costs, reduce inventories, and increase the value proposition.
- Assists in the monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) through celebrating successes and identifying leading indicators which require immediate attention.
- Promotes best-in-class initiatives through network-sharing as the Americas ambassador on the Global CHI Operational Excellence council. Implements global best practices from other sites into Greenwood.
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Engineering or related field is preferred. MBA preferred.
- Preferred - Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
- Substantial leadership experience within the industrial industry
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.