Global MES Solution Business Owner and Project Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
A fantastic opportunity has been created up at our Capsugel site in Bornem or Colmar. We are now looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join our Global Operations Team and own our global manufacturing systems across all our manufacturing site. The very first challenge will be to determine the global strategy for our Manufacturing Execution System and implement the determined option in all our Capsugel manufacturing sites. After deployment of our future global Manufacturing Execution System the role will gradually evolve to continuously improving the system in line with the global operations network needs and maintenance to continuously improve the way we work and make our manufacturing locations more effective every day.
- Business process owner for the global Capsugel manufacturing network for all manufacturing related business processes (MES, Stop Time Acquisition system, Shopfloor systems, …)
- Needs to be familiar with in-house life cycle management and package solutions (preferable Rockwell Automation)
- Experience defining operational process and systems strategy for a global operations network
- Build a long term proposal for the future Capsugel Manufacturing Execution system and support structure required to maintain and continuously improve the Capsugel manufacturing systems
- Lead the global systems evaluation, drive consensus across the organization based on benefits and future capabilities, present outcome to leadership and obtain executive buy-in
- Fit Gap evaluation of potential options in all Capsugel sites globally with local representatives (USA, Mexico, Beligum, France, India, Indonesia, China & Japan)
- Project manage the multi-year roll-out of the chosen Manufacturing Execution system to drive this future global standard
- Collaborate with Global and Local production leadership teams to understand improvement needs, prioritize and plan improvement roadmap globally
- Validation & maintenance of global manufacturing systems
- GXP experience is a plus
- Previous experience in managing Manufacturing Execution Systems on a global scale in a multi-site environment is highly desirable
- Highly competent in IT/OT project management on global multi-site scale (familiar with product life cycle management and/or vendor package solutions)
- Strategic thinking & stakeholder management is your second nature
- Excellent communicator at different levels of the organization (local site team engagement, global IT/OT project team management, Leadership team presentations to present strategic long term options, Capital investment project justification)
- Leadership skills to lead a team of technical system experts
- Fluent in English to be effective in a global organization
- Able to travel 30-60% of the time to local manufacturing sites (3 continents)
- GXP experience is a plus
- Global experience required
- Familiar with working in a matrix organization
- Familiar working closely with IT/OT
- Comfortable presenting at all levels in the organization from EC to SC
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.