Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced EHS Manager to be in charge of all legal obligations of the Safety Advisor (Code of Well Being at Work) and of the implementation of the EHS management system, based on the Corporate EHS Guidelines.
The EHS Manager is also responsible of the management of Dangerous goods according to ADR and IATA Regulations. The EHS Manager is also the Site Security Officer.
The role is located in Verviers, Belgium.
- Advise and support the Leadership team in the application of the Well Being Code, Environmental law, Corporate guidelines and other law and Regulations applicable on site (management of dangerous good, …)
- Coordinate and participate in the risk analysis activities, propose corrective actions, and ensure the registration of action plan
- Coordinate and participate in the analysis of accidents, incidents and Nearmiss, propose and contribute to the implementation of corrective actions
- Propose the annual and global Safety & Environnement action plan, and ensure the follow up of the action plan
- Participate to EHS Corporate Audit, Insurance audits, legal inspection, visit of Occupational doctor and coordinate the corresponding action plans
- Is in charge of the legal reporting to the local authorities and the required reporting to the Corporate EHS Organize the CPPT meetings and is the Secretary of the CPPT (Comité Prévention Protection au Travail)
- Implement an EHS Management System, in accordance with Corporate EHS guidelines and legal obligations, and contribute to continuous improvement and safety culture on site
- Ensure the legal EHS regulatory monitoring
- Is responsible for ensuring that an Emergency Response/Crisis Management Plan is in place and functional Participate in the identification of risks and preventive measures in the CAPEX projects, new products including dangerous chemicals, and all change requests
- Define the required EHS training for each function and ensure the required EHS trainings and EHS onboarding are organized
- Define adequate PPE and provide safety advices for all activities on site
- Ensure medical monitoring is organized
- Define and follow the EHS budget
- Establish the EHS Pillar Strategy (A3) and ensure it is deployed amongst the departments.
- Manage the EHS team
- Master degree
- Fluent in french and English
- certificate of safety advisor level 1.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Highly supportive to other site function.
- Excellent communication skills (all level of the organization)
- Coaching and mentoring attitude
- Curious, good observation skills and capable to pay attention to details
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Rigor and structure
- Computer skills (MS office)
- Open minded and capable to embrace fast paced changes
- Ability to work independently
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.