Implementation Project Lead - Global Process Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Global Process Development team are looking for an experienced Implementation Project Lead to join the team in Slough. You will work across the Global Technical Development organisation, for multiple sites across the Lonza network for Mammalian, Bioconjugates and Microbial modalities where you will be responsible for the implementation of strategic technology programs across the network to ensure efficient timely rollout, reporting on progress, visualization of progress to ensure a successful implementation and cost & benefits are met.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team of senior SME’s with extensive experience in process development science.
- Lead multi-disciplinary matrix teams to resolve issues (technical, scientific, IP, etc) through a structured data driven approach
- Ensure investigations deliver robust, documented reports to agreed timelines
- Coach and mentor scientists in Process Development
- Work with R&D and operations groups to ensure that innovative approaches or new technologies under development have a valuable beneficial impact to Lonza operations
- Through knowledge of best practice, propose and lead the implementation of new processes that enhance the capability and effectiveness of Lonza operations.
- Ensure a high standard of science and quality of work is maintained for customer and in-house projects, using a global governance process.
- Recognise and disseminate information about emerging trends (scientific, technical, IP, etc) that impact Lonza’s ability to deliver its customers‘ projects or win business in both short and long terms
- Use position and expertise to promote Lonza externally
- Able to communicate effectively including presentation to customers, peers, internal stakeholders and at conferences
- Educated to degree level in a relevant scientific or technical discipline (PhD preferred)
- Strong background in upstream or downstream bioprocessing
- Be able to recognise information on emerging trends (scientific and technical)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of managing technical implementation projects
- Resilient individual, able to move on from setbacks and self-motivate and also others under challenging conditions
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.