Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
View a video of our Portsmouth facility here: Your Career with Lonza in Portsmouth, NH - YouTube
A Calibration Technician must be able to safely complete monthly planned and demand maintenance tasks per assign cGMP procedures. This role is designed to ensure instrumentation maintains required specifications and reliability levels. This requires multiple skill sets based on electrical theory, instrumentation knowledge, trouble shooting, failure analysis (RCA), Lonza processes, education, software skills, and prior experience. Having obtained PMEL, CCT or CCST certifications would be highly preferred.
This is a day shift position that works 6AM-6PM Thursday-Saturday + every other Wednesday
- Performs all work safely
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance work at a highly proficient rate throughout the facility.
- Responsible for ensuring work is completed on time, review and closure of completed work orders and ensuring the all areas of responsibility are in a state of inspection readiness at all times.
- Complete safety and cGMP training including classes, reads, and technical requirements as a trainee and a trainer. It is expected to demonstrate a higher level of technical training development at this level.
- Highly proficient at tasks and documentation using SAP, DMS, QMS, Excel, word or other software tools as required per GMP guidelines.
- Provide engineering support such as tracking and closure of change controls, CAPAs, deviations and general technical assistance. These types of task can also be extended to instrument and system upgrades.
- Understands site production and maintenance priorities with an ability to guide other technicians to reach site goals and compliance.
- Other responsibilities may be required
- High School Diploma required
- Electronics or Electrical study in vocational school, professional training programs, Associates/Bachelor's degree program is preferred
- Preferred to have obtained certificates: CCST (Certified Control Systems Technician), CCT (Certified Calibration Technician), or PMEL (Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory)
- 1+ years of experience working in field of Metrology, calibration, instrumentation and controls, or I&C
- Preferred to have relevant experience in settings such as: Biotech or Pharmaceuticals plants, Life Science facilities, power plants, energy plants, GMP manufacturing facilities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.