Senior Scientist - Purification Development 12m FTC
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist to join the Bioprocess technologies team in Slough on a 12m FTC basis. This is a lab based role where you will be responsible for delivering technical solutions for the next generation intensified purification processes to meet industry demands and maintain Lonza as the leading contract manufacturer.
You will have the opportunity to work on several complex (non-routine) experimental programs simultaneously and become part of a highly experienced and innovative team.
- Support technology implementation in development, pilot and manufacturing operations
- Maintain computational infrastructure and process model libraries related to Downstream Processing
- Execute laboratory based scientific studies related to Downstream Processing
- Collate, evaluate and interpret complex data sets
- Author technical reports with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations
- Lead general laboratory organization, activity planning and maintenance
- Adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental practices; support safety and risk assessments
- Comply with required GxP, documentation, data integrity and training standards
- Educated to degree level in a relevant scientific field (Biotechnology, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering)
- A good understanding of purification technologies and their applications and limitations.
- A good understanding of methods and principles used for purifying recombinant proteins using mammalian cell lines
- Previous experience gained in pharma/biopharma/CMO is desirable
- Experience in continuous processing, multi-variate data analysis with interest in process automation and control.
- Self-motivation to contribute in developing strategy for novel technology development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas and solutions to the rest of the team
- Inventiveness and problem solving skills to develop new and expand current technical capabilities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.