Director Program Management & Lean Excellence (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is undergoing a massive transformation. With the carve-out of Arxada and the strong growth especially in Biologics the focus of the site is moving from Chemistry to Biotech. Moreover there is a constant challenge to increase efficiency following lean principles. The services and infrastructure provided by the Shared Infrastructure teams need to be regularly reviewed to ensure they are fit for purpose, addressing the requirements of the Divisions in line with benchmarks and best practice.
The Director Program Management (m/w/d) is responsible to define and implement dedicated programs on site, hands-on from start to finish. In this role the incumbent will manage senior stakeholders up to EC level, ensure successful implementation of program goals and realization of expected benefits.
With her/ his strong knowledge in regards to SAP ERP & EWM and related business processes such as source-to-pay, order-to-cash, warehouse management or plant maintenance processes, she/ he will collaborate closely with various cross-functional stakeholders and streams incl. IT. The goal is to ensure processes and systems are defined end-to-end and fulfill the agreed business needs. Lean principles are considered in process definitions or improvements and in program management.
- Define priorities and improvements together with EC representatives and the Site Leadership Team Visp.
- Assure alignment on overall project/ program objectives across stakeholders in various functions and across various levels.
- Deliver projects and programs to drive Shared Infrastructure (SI) improvements, in line with business needs.
- Assure alignment and drive synergies with local programs & initiatives.
- Lead collection and challenging of business requirements to implement SAP EWM. Act as a business project leader for this implementation.
- Challenge status quo of existing processes and drive year-on-year improvements.
- Develop together with various stakeholders a performance management approach incl. KPI dashboard to allow to measure the improvements, to use it for benchmarks and run the daily operation.
- Drive data analytics and data driven decision making.
- Connect with external peers in industry to derive benchmarks and best practices.
- Master Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Data Sciences, IT or Business Administration
- Fluent in both German and English (mandatory)
- A minimum of 10-year experience in the field of Project/ Program Management
- Track record in execution of complex transformation projects in similar fast-paced environments
- Strong first-hand operations expertise
- Can-Do attitude and hands-on approach to make change happen on the ground in close connection with the organization
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and political savviness
- Strong skills in Power BI and reporting
- In-depth knowledge in SAP ERP in various modules and in SAP EWM
- Ability to navigate complex stakeholder environments
- Demonstrated strong communication skills across multiple levels of a multinational organization
- Education in Lean (Black or Green Belt) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 days on-site work is expected. During introduction period, 100% on-site is required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.