Product Manager - Specialty Polymers
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager to oversee the development and execution of our product lines globally. The candidate will report to the Category Product Management Leader and be part of the marketing team at CHI. The Product Manager will be responsible for creating and executing a strategy for developing new products and line extensions, working closely with key opinion leaders, customers, and R&D to identify new product opportunities.
- Develop and execute product strategies for new product lines and support the entire life cycle of product lines from inception to retirement
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape and market dynamics in the innovation space
- Create value messaging and positioning for new product lines to differentiate them in the market
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally, including customers and key opinion leaders
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop promotional campaigns and materials for new product lines
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the products, including clinical trials, regulatory requirements, and manufacturing processes
- Monitor financial performance of new product lines, including revenue, profitability, and market share, and make adjustments as necessary to achieve financial targets
- Work with the R&D team to identify new product opportunities and lead product development efforts from concept to commercialization
- Collaborate with the Quality and Regulatory teams to understand and develop technical content for sales training and direct to customer utilization
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that drive growth and market share for new product lines
- Work closely with regional sales and business development teams to ensure they are fully trained and can articulate CHI's value proposition for new products and line extensions
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments to ensure new product lines remain competitive in the market
- Prioritize innovation projects and line extensions and make relevant business cases for them
- Own the product strategy up until the product is in the growth phase of the product life cycle.
- Seek new partnerships that can better expose and sell CHI's innovation portfolio
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, Pharma, Nutrition, Innovation etc.
- 3-5 years of product management experience, P&L management, Strategic Business Planning, Product Development and Marketing experience as a plus
- Product vision and strategy: should be able to create and communicate a clear product vision and strategy that aligns with the company's goals and customer needs
- Market and customer understanding: should have a deep understanding of the market and the customers' needs, behaviors, and preferences
- Product development process: should be knowledgeable about the product development process, from ideation to launch, and have experience working with cross-functional teams
- Communication and collaboration: should be an effective communicator and collaborator, able to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including engineers, designers, sales, and marketing teams
- Data analysis and decision-making: should be able to use data to inform product decisions and prioritize product features and improvements
- Leadership and project management: should have strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to motivate and manage a team, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Technical knowledge: should have a basic understanding of the technical aspects of the product and the ability to work effectively with engineers and developers
- Continuous learning and adaptation: should be open to learning new skills and adapting to changing market trends and customer needs to ensure the product's successExperience with Microsoft (Power B.I, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce.com and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility.
How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.