Specialist Mechanical Maintenance Technician (m/f/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Coordinate the execution of the activities of the Mechanical Maintenance section ensuring compliance with the standards of quality established by Lonza and guarantee the correct execution of the preventive, predictive maintenance operations and mechanical corrective of all the equipment of the factory to ensure its correct operation.
- Coordinate the execution of the works of the mechanical department.
- Review and perform the technical closure of work orders
- Work as mechanical maintenance front line supporting production equipment performance
- Preparation of maintenance procedures, SOPs, etc.
- Provide support and guidance to Maintenance personnel, Engineers, Quality and LPBN global networks on electromechanical issues on cGMP and non-cGMP equipment identified during design phase, installation, or normal operations. Transfer lessons learned, knowledge and best practices to global LPBN sites.
- Develop sustainable programs, tools, and processes to improve plant operability and reliability, assess equipment failures and recommend appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Participate in the design, development and optimization of asset maintenance plans for new and modified assets to ensure reliability and maintainability.
- Monitor and enforce compliance measures (including safety) within their specific discipline to ensure inspection readiness of plant, as well as participate as an audit team member in the conduct of audits
- To support the development of facility master plan to ensure compliance to engineering standards, management of obsolescence and asset replacement.
- To support customer complaints and deviation investigations and ensure that all relevant corrective actions are completed within the agreed timeline
- Maintain inspection readiness of the systems to ensure audit compliance with regulatory, safety and engineering standards
- Play a key role in all internal and external audits
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines in all activities.
- Be trained in the general and specific SOPs and do not carry out any activity not qualified to perform
- Comply with the EHS policies and guidelines applicable to the position.
- Monitor housekeeping of their position and work area.
- Bachelor of Science-Engineering in mechanical specialty or demonstrable experience in the position.
- Minimum five years of experience in the mechanical specialty, in companies in the pharmaceutical sector (preferably), or at least in the food industry or chemical sector.
- Knowledge of the existing regulations in the Pharmaceutical industry, specifically GMPs
- Fluency in English (B2) and Spanish
- Technical knowledge and experience in mechanical equipment: pumps, valves, agitators, stainless steel tanks, refrigeration machines, air conditioning machines, water systems (purified, reverse osmosis, etc.), steam systems (boilers, generators, distillers, etc.), air compressors,...
- Handling of technical documentation: equipment manuals, plans, etc.
- Work in partnership as an active member of his/her team and cross-functional working groups, analyze problems and propose technical solutions.
- Objectives setting: improvement of installations, optimization of operation, cost containment, etc.
- Morning and afternoon shifts required (Monday to Friday)
- In the medium term, incorporation into a rotating system of localized on-call duties
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference