Quality Control Manager- Microbial Contamination Control
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Microbiology Manager Contamination Control will lead the Quality Control department to support monitoring of raw materials, clean rooms, clean utilities, microbiological identifications, in-process and final product samples. Oversee the Microbiology technical team with method qualification of microbial based assays and equipment from customers to Lonza, including troubleshooting, investigations, and technical oversight as needed. They will also define and continuously improve the site’s environmental monitoring program and overarching cross functional microbial control initiatives in order to eliminate contaminations. Collaborate with global stakeholders to share best practices and enhance programs related to microbial methods and contamination control.
- Responsibilities include hiring, organizing, training, and retaining staff. Will need to stress and carry forward operator training, education, and advancement. Identifies QC responsibilities, work to be performed, and timelines pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Understand regulatory requirements and Lonza policies pertaining to the area of responsibility. Ensure Quality Control policies or procedures are appropriate and establish and/or revise, as necessary.
- Ensure regulatory and customer inspection readiness and represent the department and participate in audits as required.
- Collaborate and prioritize with QC leaders, other departments, and/or customers to create and achievable work schedule and to ensure agreed upon timelines are met
- Represent QC and Lonza in customer and asset meetings to receive/deliver information, requests, and requirements
- Measure throughput, performance, and other appropriate metrics and report them to management
- Develop the technical, GMP, and leadership skills of QC personnel and perform mid-year and annual reviews of supervised QC personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree and/or advanced graduate degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent science field
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas publicly to inform, educate, and influence others positively in achieving business results
- 7+ years of experience working in a QC Microbiology Environment or related field
- Minimum 1- 3 years of experience working in a leadership capacity
- Experience in microbial control (both process and clean room) and/or environmental monitoring
- Prioritization and problem solving
- Direct, control, and plan tasks/projects
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal format
- Mentoring and leading direct reports
- Makes quality decisions independently and also with guidance from QC Director/Site Quality Head
- Ability to interact with customers and provide professional support
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.