Quality Control Chemist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Tampa is seeking a QC Chemist to join the Quality Control team. The incubment will be Conduct analysis of raw materials, In process items and finished products
- Analysis of dry product stability and finished product samples according to the assigned specifications, analytical methodology and protocols in a GMP laboratory setting with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy of execution.
- Documentation of results in accordance with cGMP
- Comply with FDA, EPA and OSHA regulations, performing all work in a safe manner.
- Reports lab testing data and completes documentation accurately and in accordance with laboratory procedures and regulatory requirements
- Reviews results for conformance to standards
- Perform analytical testing of pharmaceutical products following analytical methodology
- Read and interpret analytical methodology and the USP
- Supports method development and validation of new methods
- Performs investigations and completes CAPA in response to deviations.
- Develops and executes validation protocols for test methods and equipment qualification as requested.
- Meet fundamental cGMP requirements relating to conduct and work practices to ensure the SISPQ (Safety, Identity, Strength, Purity, and Quality) of the all products manufactured/tested at Lonza Tampa.
- Adhere to all defined Safety and Sustainability requirements and expectations and seek clarification whenever Safety and Sustainability requirements and expectations are either unknown or unclear
- Promptly report identified Safety and Sustainability issues, problems, deficiencies, errors, incidents, and/or opportunities to management and correct where possible
- Stop work where deemed necessary to maintain safety
- Associate’s Degree in Science, preferably chemistry
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a GMP pharma environment
- Actively participates in customer and regulatory audits
- Demonstrated experience with peer review work and data of other analysts to ensure compliance with method and regulatory requirements
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.