EHS Manager Launch Plant (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our Site in Visp, we’re looking for an EHS Manager within the Launch Plant division (m/w/d). The EHS Manager is driving the successful implementation and optimization of Environmental, Occupational Health, and Safety (EHS) programs jointly with the assigned manufacturing & laboratory facilities. The EHS Manager with profound expertise in chemicals / chemical engineering is the first contact person for all EHS aspects in Large Scale Plant, SM, Visp and enables the business to produce in a safe and sustainable environment.
- Driving compliance of the relevant safety regulations on site; provide guidance and support meeting EHS requirements.
- Support for the implementation of the strategic EHS goals and initiatives, promotion of best practices & a proactive approach to EHS culture development.
- Handling safety matters and supporting remediation of safety-critical conditions in close cooperation with the respective EHS functions from EHS Visp.
- Instruction of new employees on EHS requirements for their respective area.
- Selection, training, interaction with and support of the safety coaches.
- Support in case of incidents and near-misses (recording of facts, investigation, determination of measures, root cause, administration).
- Organizing and leading safety walks with Safety-Coaches & EHS Subject Matter Experts.
- Participation in workplace inspections and checks for safety standards.
- Support with Gemba walks, Audits and coordinate action plans.
- Facilitation & documentation of HAZOPs in RAMS and follow-up on measures (responsibility of the HAZOPs is with the plant manager).
- Collaboration in the implementation of general risk assessments at the workplace.
Specific focus and expertise on process safety, including equipment and ATEX as Subject Matter Expert.
- Contact point for questions regarding personal protective equipment and technical equipment in relation to safety in cooperation with the EHS Subject Matter Experts
- Support for fire & emergency evacuation.
- Proven process understanding in chemical / pharmaceutical manufacturing (cGMP & safety aspects)
- Proven Leadership competence
- Fluent in both German and English
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong presentation skills for developing and delivering training to elevate knowledge, skills and behaviors at multiple levels of the organization.
- Dealing with high level of ambiguity using coaching skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.