Associate Principal Scientist - Protein Function & Process Analytics R&D
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an Associate Principal Scientist to join our Protein and Process Analytics team. The Analytical P&PA R&D team’s function aim at delivering high- value technical innovation to Lonza Pharma & Biotech, both via specialist Analytical projects and as part of wider collaborative project teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing a range of immunoassays, cell based assays and enzymatic assays to support Lonza, whilst providing scientific oversight to more junior members of the team.
- Providing scientific leadership and direction within the team and through external collaborations.
- Responsibility for oversight and execution of the scientific activities of the team
- Development of a range of immunoassays, cell based assays and enzymatic assays, through a range of analytical methods
- Performing scientific review and coaching, project management, professional mentoring, technology scouting within the team
- Driving implementation of new technologies within the Lonza network.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- MSc or PhD in Life Sciences / Science or equivalent - preferred area of study: Biochemistry / Immunotherapy/ Functional Bioassay Development / Bio-manufacturing
- Excellent practical industry and/or academic experience in an analytical laboratory; detailed knowledge and practical expertise in immunoassay and bioassay development, including ELISAs, cell based activity assays development to target MOA, quantitative enzymatic pathways assay development.
- Thorough understanding of the state of the art of the technologies and their applications in the area of analytical characterization of Bio-therapeutics.
- Documented history of high-quality publications / patent filings in the field of Biochemistry / Immunotherapy/ Functional Assay Development /Biomolecular interaction analysis
- A good general background in established analytical methods within the industry, including the strengths and weaknesses of various approaches in a range of analytical methods for bio-therapeutics characterization.
- Interpersonal skills to deliver technical projects within a matrix organization
- Proven ability to deliver innovative solutions to scientific challenges
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.